Montreal, Quebec
2.3K views

It happened about a year ago when I was first introduced to the fancy world of Mary Kay by a consultant. Then she convinced me to buy the whole set of "miracle set" with 10% coupon and one of their perfumes for free. So I liked the offer and bought it. And since it was that time of the year near Mom's day, I thought I could buy my mom the same stuff as a gift. But I didn't have enough money at that time, plus my mom lives in a far place and I should send them with someone else in order to be delivered. Anyhow, I paid her half the price and that was $80 CAD and then paying her later on. And she approved on that, saying that I shouldn't get worried about the issue. After using the products I suffered a severe rash and my skin broke on me badly. Then my dermatologist told me not to use those creams anymore, and since I couldn't manage anyone traveling to my mom's place, I thought I should cancel my order!

I tried to call her many times, but she was either out of town or out of coverage or didn't answer at all. I left her couple of messages but didn't really consist on it thinking it wasn't really a big deal! Then after about 8 months I saw her again and told her the story. But instead she blew on me and said she never deal with customer like that and she never return any money even after a week! I could buy something else but never dream of my money back! But I told her that I didn't even take any product besides it was written on the back of the receipt that I get full refund if I wasn't satisfied with the product PLUS she didn't mention anything about that when she first accepted to take cash in advance!!! I don't really think it was my problem that I wasn't told about her policy! She was so rude with me that I had to leave her with the money with her very angry!

Now I don't know what to do. Does she have the right to refuse returning my money back since she wasn't clear about the way she deals and since the company accepts full refunds?

Comments

I was never told that once my box was open I couldn't return it.... Even if I didn't sell or touch any product

#1209769

As a newer Mary Kay consultant, it hurts my heart to heart to hear of all the bad experiences with the "Scary Kay ladies." I promise you, most consultants are not like that. And I'm sorry that some are, and leave a bad taste in people's mouths, while sullying Mary Kay Ash's good name.

Those women do not follow the principles upon which this amazing company was founded.

I hope some of you can find it in your hearts to forgive those women, and try a different consultant. If not, I understand, and apologize on their behalf once more :'(

Chelsea McManues

Independent Beauty Consultant

I went to one of the worse Mary Dems no running water no bathroom three hours of this women never shutting up. I spent 214.00 previous purchase never again broke our in hives.

Repair kit asked for my money back nothing. So I will call number on back oh receipt.

Girl probably already spent profit. She is a humdinger

I have to say that this isn't the way it is supposed to be. Some people just don't do Mary Kay right. You can call the number on the back of the receipt and tell them your story or simply tell them that you can't get in contact with the consultant but that you want your money back.

You can call corp headquarters as lingbas you have your receipt. You can return any of the products for a full return. If you had sensitive skin she should have had you try the botanical line foe sensitive skin.

Umm, this is interesting, I am dealing with something simular with Mary Kay. I am giving them one last chance to make it right, if they do not, I will make sure that every social media site knows about how they really treat their customer's, if they are not satisfied. Thank you for sharing.

@Bamagirl

Please don't think all Mary Kay consultants are like this. I have been a consultant for almost 17 years and I have never treated a customer like this.

Sorry for your hassle!

If you love the direct sales business and want to represent an amazing natural skin care company, check out suenelson.lbri.com. L'BRI is an aloe-vera based natural skin care line with fabulous products and a great business inventory with NO INVENTORY!

I myself am truely dissatisfied with the Mary Kay ordeal. My rep told me to place an order for 6 month supply which I gave my order at the beginning of September and it is now going into the new year and I still haven't received my order or a refund..

Do you people train other people to steal from so called clients or what. I Will NEVER and I repeat NEVER buy Mary Kay products again

I would like to complain about a MONICA BURNS. I PLACE AN ORDER WITH THIS LADY THE 2ND WEEK OF DECEMBER FOR THE SILK HANDS, AND SILK LIP PRODUCT AS GIFT FOR MY DAUGHTER.

MONICA WAS REFERED TO ME BY CO-WORKER, AND NEEDLESS TO SAy she ripped me off for $53.00. i have not recievd the product or the money. At this point she has given MARY kay A BAD NAME! I BELIEVE SHE SPENT MY MONEY, SHE IS LIAR As well as theif in my book.

I would hope this lady is never able to represent this company ever again!

She can't be trusted at all!!!! Someone needs to know she Monica is STEALING money and using Mary Kays to do it by pretending to be a consultant!

You can return the products at any time for any reason if you are not satisfied with the product. I am sorry to hear that you had this experience as we attempt to give the highest degree of customer service.

Please do not let one bad consultant turn you off of the amazing products we offer. I see that you had a reaction to the set. You can try the classic line or the products.

I am a consultant myself and would never do anything like that to a customer. Talk to the company as Cassandra said and go from there.

Hi. I am so sorry to hear you had a bad experience with a Mary Kay consultant.

The good thing is that Mary Kay does offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, or your money back. You are able to turn in a consultant if she does not comply with the company standards. The number for Customer satisfaction is (800)MARY KAY (800-627-9529) and they are open 8:30-5 M-F. I am fairly sure you can still get your money back after a couple months.

I am so very sorry to hear that you had to go through that. She was very rude to you.