1.1K views

I've been sitting here reading all of the reviews.First and foremost, to all of you who have not been treated properly by your consultants, I AM SO SORRY!

Those people should not be consultants! I never ask my clients for money up front - they pay me when I deliver their product, which most of the time is that same day or the next unless it's something I need to order and I usually get that within a week. If my clients are not satisfied with their order, I offer them an exchange or their money back, and I deliver their request at that time, and then deal with the MK return policy myself. I take a lot of pride in what I do and cherish my clients.

I have only been selling Mary Kay since September, and yes I have forked out quite a bit of money, but I too have made a lot of money. It's all how you choose to run your business. I tried Mary Kay many many years ago and it just wasn't for me at that time, and the company refunded me 90% of the inventory that I had in stock. And yes, I was still able to become a MK consultant again.

For those who say they had an allergic reaction to the product, not all products are for everyone. I have had plenty of other products that I have tried over the years that weren't for me -- either I broke out, skin didn't wasn't smooth, etc. It just so happens that MK products do work for my skin, therefore I do believe in the products. I do have a couple of MK products that I don't like, and I have other products that I love!

It's the same situation you have with many other products. I personally don't like our eyeliner so I buy a product from the drug store. I have clients who really like our eyeliner. If someone doesn't like a product then I make sure they are taken care of and know that they are my priority.

As for recognition as a consultant, again, it's all how you choose to run your business. I have a full time job, and I do MK part time. Since September I have personally earned two quarterly star prizes -- jewelry armoire and 5 piece luggage. In addition to that I have participated in contests that my Unit has and I have earned jewelry and a beautiful purse.

At our weekly meetings we are all praised for our success and receive training on how to improve your business and make it successful. The women in our unit our strong beautiful christian women, and I'm so thankful to have them in my life. To be honest with you, the first time I sold MK didn't work out for me because I was not in a good unit, never heard from my Director nor my recruiter. I felt like I was left out on my own and didn't know how to properly run my business.

Because I believe in MK I chose to try again, and I am in a different unit and it's amazing and I'm so happy that I chose to try again. If you aren't receiving good customer service then I encourage you to reach out and find another consultant -- we aren't supposed to "steal" each others customers, but bottom line, our customers deserve nothing but the best!

I hope this review helps so many of you who are not happy with Mary Kay.Have a wonderful and blessed day!

This reviewer shared experience about good quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall satisfied with Mary Kay. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Mary Kay.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Cosmetics and Toiletries category for more informed decision or compare Mary Kay to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Mary Kay?

Comments

Gurley, Alabama, United States #1320621

Thank you for your comments.I appreciate your honesty.

My daughter has just started selling MK. I was very hesitant about it because of my past experiences with MK consultants and some of these reviews. However, after reading your comments, I now look at it differently. I know my daughter.

She, too, is a caring, sweet Christian woman who will always be honest with everyone.

Once again, thank you for helping ease my mind a bit.Have a very Blessed day.

Hi, my name is Samantha and I have a few questions about Mary Kay products.Recently my family and friends got together for a Mary Kay party, we ordered close to $800 worth of products.

I've read many bad reviews about Mary Kay and I'm very scared that if my products don't work, I will not receive a refund. Many people have said they have experienced burns,acne,redness,wrinkles, and dry skin after using Mary Kay merchandise. I am 15 years old and I don't want to mess up my skin while I am young by using a faulty product. I know that some products don't work for everyone by it seems that everyone has something bad to say about Mary Kay products.

Is it honestly worth the money? My Mary Kay consultant said that we would have our products within a week and it's already been a week.... She also said she would be in contact with us and let us know when everything is ready. She never called us and then we contacted her and she said she would get around to ordering them sometime this week.

We were supposed to already have received them.

I don't know what to do I don't want to waste so much money on something if it won't work.Please help

BethanyStotler
to Anonymous Warrensburg, Missouri, United States #1224377

Hi Samantha.I'm sorry I'm the first to reply to this MONTHS later.

Did you finally receive your products?

I know it's not always convenient to deal with a consultant far away but I could definitely assist you if you were needing helps or questions answered.:)