4.3
Turnaround Time

I recently had a bad experience with Mary Kay.I won a drawing for a free one hour facial!

The prize was for a 1 hour pampering facial & one on one beauty consultation, & free samples. So I made an appt. with the beauty consultant for my facial. I was really looking forward to just relax and be pampered.

So I went to the consultant's house in Little Elm, TX. When I got there I went inside, and she took me into her kitchen. There were 2 other girls sitting at a table with little plastic trays in front of them. I was really confused for a minute.

I asked her about the facial & she said "Yeah, there's a little numbered tray in front of you, & I've already squirted some of each product in the numbered spots. Now I'm gonna walk you through each step & show you how to do it." I said, "So basically we give ourselves a facial while you watch?", she replied "Yeah". So much for relaxing.:( Ok so that sucked but at least I'll get a goodie bag with some samples at least, so it's not that bad, right? She told me that since I was a box winner from the drawing I get a "swag bag" when I leave.

I was really looking forward to it the whole time. Once I had left and was down the street I opened the bag ready to see all the goodies, but instead my heart sank. All I got was 1 packet of pore minimizer & 1 packet of microdermabrasion, a mint & her business card. That is THE worst swag bag I've ever seen.

I felt kinda taken advantage of. Like she tricked me by misleading me into thinking I'd be getting a traditional facial. And then that "swag bag" that was just a slap in the face. I get more samples than that out of a magazine!

After that experience I don't think I'll be buying any more products nor referring any of my friends to either.

Sorry, I really liked the products.Just had a disappointing experience & a bad consultant.

Review about: Mary Kay Sales Representative.

Reason of review: misled by beauty consultant.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Quality of products.

I didn't like: Service from beauty consultant, Being lied to and misled, Lack of samples.

Comments

Nashville, Tennessee, United States #1315117

I am so sorry you had a bad experience.Please don't think this is how all consultants operate.

I for one, alway ask my drawing winners if they prefer a 1:1 consultation OR would they like to participate in a skin care class.

I also like to explain to women about what to expect so they aren't led to be believe otherwise.

And yes that swag bag was sad :)

Again I am sorry you had this experience and I can assure you this is not how we treat our customers or even contest winners.

If you ever have questions and do not have a Mary Kay consultant, please feel free to call or txt me (615)-479-6738.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States #1308822

I just had the same thing happen to me!I was intivited to the consultants "home studio" aka kitchen table with the plastic tray set up.

I was also looking forward to my "swag bag" for which the consultant asked me my hair and eye color so she could customize it.

I got a sample moisturizer and a mint and business card.What a misleading!