4.3
Turnaround Time

I recently had a bad experience with Mary Kay. I won a drawing for a free one hour facial!

The prize was for a 1 hour pampering facial & one on one beauty consultation, & free samples. So I made an appt. with the beauty consultant for my facial. I was really looking forward to just relax and be pampered.

So I went to the consultant's house in Little Elm, TX. When I got there I went inside, and she took me into her kitchen. There were 2 other girls sitting at a table with little plastic trays in front of them. I was really confused for a minute.

I asked her about the facial & she said "Yeah, there's a little numbered tray in front of you, & I've already squirted some of each product in the numbered spots. Now I'm gonna walk you through each step & show you how to do it." I said, "So basically we give ourselves a facial while you watch?", she replied "Yeah". So much for relaxing.:( Ok so that sucked but at least I'll get a goodie bag with some samples at least, so it's not that bad, right? She told me that since I was a box winner from the drawing I get a "swag bag" when I leave.

I was really looking forward to it the whole time. Once I had left and was down the street I opened the bag ready to see all the goodies, but instead my heart sank. All I got was 1 packet of pore minimizer & 1 packet of microdermabrasion, a mint & her business card. That is THE worst swag bag I've ever seen.

I felt kinda taken advantage of. Like she tricked me by misleading me into thinking I'd be getting a traditional facial. And then that "swag bag" that was just a slap in the face. I get more samples than that out of a magazine!

After that experience I don't think I'll be buying any more products nor referring any of my friends to either.

Sorry, I really liked the products. Just had a disappointing experience & a bad consultant.

Review about: Mary Kay Sales Representative.

Reason of review: misled by beauty consultant.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Quality of products.

I didn't like: Service from beauty consultant, Being lied to and misled, Lack of samples.

Comments

I have been tricked a couple times by consultants recently. I have been sick for a year and lived a very lonely life compared to what it used to be.

I’m young and once had an awesome life. I was at target with my husband and son on a very rare outing and a lady started chatting with me. I thought she was so nice and genuinely want to be my friend. she pretended to have things in common with me.

Then she said she was having a girls night with some women that weekend and asked me if I wanted to go. I said of course thinking I would really love to make some friends and just hang out with some other women. I’m thinking maybe we’re going to have dinner and drinks or something but I arrive...and its at this conference center so I go in now having no idea what to expect and find out It’s A MARY KAY PARTY basically trying to sell me crap and the lady who pretended to befriend me wasn’t even there. All the other women looked as confused as I did.

Seriously the rudest sales tactic I’ve ever experienced but now I have heard from my other female friends that the same things have happened to them with other Mary Kay ladies. Change your tactics because like seriously?

You’re so desperate you’re having to trick women into going to these things? Seriously infuriated me.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States #1308822

I just had the same thing happen to me! I was intivited to the consultants "home studio" aka kitchen table with the plastic tray set up.

I was also looking forward to my "swag bag" for which the consultant asked me my hair and eye color so she could customize it.

I got a sample moisturizer and a mint and business card. What a misleading!